$25,000 Giveaway Contest Rules
SOUTH CENTRAL MEDIA
Y-12 FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Rules and Regulations
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest (the “Contest”), entrants must be 18 years or older and be legal residents of the United States of America and permanently reside in the following Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia or North Carolina counties: Anderson (TN), Bell (KY), Blount (TN), Campbell (TN), Claiborne (TN), Cocke (TN), Cumberland (TN), Fentress (TN), Graham (NC), Grainger (TN), Greene (TN), Hamblen (TN), Hancock (TN), Hawkins (TN), Jefferson (TN), Knox (TN), Lee (VA), Loudon (TN), McCreary (KY), McMinn (TN) Meigs (TN), Monroe (TN), Morgan (TN), Rhea (TN), Roane (TN), Scott (TN), Sevier (TN), Swain (NC), Union (TN) and/or Whitley (KY).
2. The Contest will commence on April 1 and end on May 17, 2013. The prize winner will be selected and awarded Thursday May 30th. The Grand Prize is $25,000, payable via check in the winner's name.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. Only one person per household may be a Qualifier (as defined in Rule 5 below). Incomplete or ineligible entries or registrations may be disqualified. The number of qualifiers will be as follows:
WJXB- approximately 148
WIMZ- approximately 148
WNFZ- approximately 148
WQJK- approximately 148
Y-12 Federal Credit Union – approximately 84
5. Participants may enter the contest in the following ways:
- Listen to B97.5 (WJXB) each weekday and weekend from April 1 to May 17, 2013. Then call 656-B975 approximately at 7:15am, 9:15am, 1:15pm, and 4:15pm (weekdays) or Saturdays between 12pm and 3pm. One caller during each “cue to call” will be selected as a qualifier (a “Qualifier”) (as defined in Rule 8 below).
- Listen to 103.5 (WIMZ) weekdays from April 1 to May 17, 2013. Then call 656-ROCK (7625) or 656-ROLL (7655) approximately at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm. Caller 25 after each cue to call plays, will be selected as a Qualifier.
- Listen to 94.3 the X (WNFZ) weekdays from April 1 to May 17, 2013 approximately at 6:15am, 7:15am, and 8:15am. At those times, that day's “25 Grand Band” will be announced. When any song from that band is played prior to 7pm (excluding any song played during Hard Drive XL after 7pm), caller "X" (caller ten to be announced by the disc jockey at his/her discretion) at 656-5943 will be selected as a Qualifier.
- Listen to 95.7 Power FM (WQJK) weekdays from April 1 to May 17, 2013 approximately at 10:20am, 1:20pm, 4:20pm, and 7:20pm. Then text in the announced word within 30 minutes to text code 74574. One texter chosen at random following each "cue to text" will be selected as a Qualifier and will be notified by text if he/she has qualified. Message and data rates apply. One entry per phone number per word per day.
- Register by filling out an entry form at specified “$25,000 Giveaway” remote broadcasts executed by WJXB, WIMZ, WNFZ, and WQJK between April 1 and May 17. There will be a maximum of 4 remote broadcasts on WJXB, 4 remote broadcasts on WIMZ, 4 remote broadcasts on WNFZ, and 4 remote broadcasts on WQJK between April 1 and May 17. Locations and times for remote broadcasts are TBD. Locations and times for station specific remote broadcasts will be announced on air by WJXB, WIMZ, WNFZ, and WQJK. At the conclusion of each remote broadcast, two entries will be drawn at random as Qualifiers. Those Qualifiers will be notified regarding such selection by phone or mail.
- Complete an official registration form in person at participating Y-12 Federal Credit Union locations prior to May 17, 2013. Six persons from each participating Y-12 Federal Credit Union location will be selected at random as Qualifiers. Those Qualifiers will be notified regarding such selection by phone or mail.
6. Qualifiers are subject to the eligibility restrictions set forth in these rules.
7. South Central Media may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations licensed to South Central Communications Corporation. South Central Media may add or remove participating stations or change the call letters of any participating station at any time during the contest as announced on the affected station. However, South Central Media's decision to remove a station from this contest will have no effect on the eligibility of a person previously selected to be a Qualifier and the ability of such Qualifier to become the Grand Prize Winner.
8. The means of selecting the grand prize winner is as follows. On May 30, 2013, South Central Media personnel will place each qualifier’s name into a container and the grand prize winner will be selected at random from the container. The winner will receive $25,000, payable by check. A second name will then be drawn at random and will be awarded the cash prize should the grand prize winner be determined ineligible. Before claiming any cash prize, such winner will be required to sign a form releasing South Central Media from any liability. State and Federal tax laws apply. The cash winner will be required to report their Prize amount as 2013 income to the IRS. Before January 31, 2014, South Central Media will issue Form 1099 documenting winnings to the Grand Prize winner and as required by law, will file a copy with the IRS.
9. South Central Media is NOT responsible for any lost mail, incorrect addresses, incorrect phone numbers, or failure to notify winners of the Giveaway Event based on information provided by any entrant to the Contest.
10. Employees of South Central Media or other radio stations located in the Knoxville Arbitron Metro boundaries and their respective affiliated companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members or household members of each such person are ineligible to participate in the Contest. Employees of participating sponsors and employees of the company where the Giveaway Event takes place also are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
11. South Central Media will require that each Qualifier provide his or her proof of age, identification and/or social security number before such Qualifier is awarded the grand prize.
12. Registrations or entries that are determined by South Central Media to be fraudulent, incomplete, and illegible will be void and the person making such an entry will be barred from further participation in the Contest.
13. All entries and registrations become the property of South Central Media and may not be acknowledged or returned.
14. South Central Media is not responsible for theft, destruction, or failure of delivery of, or unauthorized access or alterations to, contest entries, and each South Central Media radio station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest for any such occurrences.
15. South Central Media is not responsible for loss of service to any phone number maintained by any South Central Media station, including the numbers set forth in these rules, due to overload, busy signals, or any other factors that may prevent an individual from completing his/her call. South Central Media will not be liable for (a) any lost or stolen membership entries or registrations, text entries on WQJK, prizes or contest information, (b) including any phone or mail problems whatsoever, nor (c) any technical malfunction related to any text transmissions, phone calls, computer network, software, internet access, ISPs, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact registration or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections, fax transmission or telephone calls. South Central Media and its sponsors are not responsible for printing errors.
16. By participating in this Contest, each entrant hereby consents to South Central Media and its sponsors using the contestant's name, voice, likeness, biographical information, hometown, his/her participation in the Contest, and the substance of the contestant's entry (in whole or in part) for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes. Each entrant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
17. South Central Media reserves the right to make and change the rules regarding the Contest, including changing the aforementioned contest dates, but only to the extent permitted by the laws of the United States and the State of Tennessee, including the rules and published policies of the Federal Communications Commission. South Central Media shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of the contest rules. The decisions of South Central Media shall be final.
18. Entry into this Contest constitutes an agreement by each entrant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by South Central Media. These contest rules supersede, to the extent only of any conflict, any applicable general contest rules of South Central Media.
19. Copies of these complete contest rules are available at South Central Media Station studios, located at 1100 Sharps Ridge Road, Knoxville, TN 37917.
20. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.