Dressing your AGE
It's a sad fact -- but eventually you might have to face the fact that too-tight tank tops and super low-rise jeans are just too young looking for you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o />
Here are 10 items you might want to think about putting back in the closet ... or donating to your daughter or niece
1. Message T-ShirtsRetail Retirement Age: 30 Why: The freedom to express yourself via T-shirt is part of the teen and 20-something years ...
2. Too-Trendy DenimRetail Retirement Age: 35Why: If your jeans are super-low-rise, torn, distressed, or embellished with rhinestones or embroidery on the pockets go outside and light a bonfire now. You're just too old to wear them.
3. Costume ShoesRetail Retirement Age: Mid-40sWhy: 40-somethings will look fresher without the trendy cork wedges, thigh-high boots or up-to-the-knee Gladiator sandals.
4. Micro-mini SkirtsRetail Retirement Age: 40Why: You gotta know your strenths -- and your limitations ... Age appropriateness in fashion is partially determined by who you are and what you do -- so yes, Tina Turner can wear micro-minis on stage that the rest of us would look ridiculous in.
5. Anything Showing Excessive CleavageRetail Retirement Age: 50 Why: An older woman shouldn't feel she needs to show it all off. Anything below the middle of your bustline has got to go.
6. White, Ribbed Cotton Tank TopsRetail Retirement Age: 40Why: Frankly, what looks good on the stars of Gossip Girl may not work on you.
7. Hair GadgetsRetail Retirement Age: 30Why: Whether it's flowery scrunchies, banana clips or your daughter's plastic kiddie barrettes, playful hair accessories are not fitting for a grown woman.
8. Oversized, Overly-Decorated Hobo BagsRetail Retirement Age: 50Why: Open any magazine, and you'll see tiny celebrities toting enormous handbags -- the skinnier the star, the bigger the bag, it seems. Well, don't follow this trend.
9. Cheap, Unflattering UnderwearRetail Retirement Age: 40 Why: The more your body begins to sag, the more you need good-quality, well-fitting undergarments.
10. Loud AccessoriesRetail Retirement Age: 35 Why: The rubber bracelets, studded belts, zebra purses and plastic earrings proclaim to the world that you're still trendy. OK -- but you can look hip without looking like a teenager.