SOUTH CENTRAL MEDIA GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase is necessary to win.
2. Contestants must live within a 100 mile radius of Knoxville, Tennessee.
3. South Central Media (“Station”) contests are open only to listeners who have not won a prize or prizes from the Station in the last thirty (30) days, and who have not won a prize or prizes valued at more that $1,000 from the Station in the last twelve (12) months. Qualified winners have thirty (30) days from the day they are contacted by the Station to claim his/her prize. After this thirty (30) day period, all prizes will be forfeited and will become the property of South Central Media.
4. Station will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
5. No more than one contestant or winner per household will be allowed for the duration of any contest. A “household” consists of individuals residing at the same address.
6. Unless otherwise specified, contestants and/or winners must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license or other official photo identification in his or her name and must present the same to Station prior to claiming any prize.
7. Certain contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
8. Prizes should be claimed in person by the winner and are not transferable. In the event that another individual is appointed to claim a winner’s prize the winner must notify Station in advance of the date of pick up. Additionally, the person who is claiming a prize on behalf of a winner must present to Station a signed letter of authorization from the winner along with a copy of the winner’s valid driver’s license or other official photo identification. Station reserves the right to withhold all prizes to anyone claiming a prize for a qualified winner without this authorization.
9. Winners are responsible for all taxes, duties or other costs associated with any prizes won in a Station contest. If applicable, Station will provide all winners with a W-9 form to be completed prior to receiving any prize valued at $500 or more. Station will provide winners of prizes valued at $600 or more (individually or collectively) with 1099 forms for income tax purposes.
10. In its discretion, Station may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive a prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
11. Station is not responsible for any mechanical or technical issues related to telephone services or Internet service providers, loss of service to contest phone number due to overload, busy signals, or any other reasons that may prevent any individual from completing his/her call to Station’s contest/request hotline or accessing Station’s website.
12. By accepting a prize, a contestant represents that they did not use any proprietary company “choke” lines or numbers and that they personally made the winning prize call.
13. When applicable, all qualified contestants are solely responsible for arranging transportation to and from any Grand Prize Event.
14. Station has the sole right to establish the rules for all contests and initiate and end contest play.
15. Contest phone calls will be accepted only on Station’s contest/request lines. Calls to any other telephone numbers are not eligible.
16. Station reserves the right to substitute the grand prize (when applicable) for another grand prize of similar and/or equal value.
17. Station reserves the right to cancel a contest at any time without prior notice.
18. Station makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
19. No person shall be entitled to any prize if it is discovered that he or she violated the contest rules in any manner.
20. If a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, Station will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
21. Unless specific contest rules provide otherwise, all prizes consisting of trips must be taken within one year of the award. Otherwise, the prize will be forfeited. Winners must book such trips at least 60 days in advance.