Are you doling out more money than you bring in every month and need to scale way back? Fear not --here are ten drastic ways to cut your budget by $600 every month from Yahoo.com!
1. Downsize Your Home. Renters might want to look at a smaller hours or apartment --if you're overrun with clutter, go through it. The less stuff you have, the less space you'll need to live in comfort.
2. Become a Single-Car Family. This is a tough idea to swallow, but having one vehicle will save you cash and have a few side benefits like staying home more often.
3. Stop Eating Out. Restaurants are a wonderful luxury, but expensive. The truth is you can probably prepare a week's worth of meals for the price of one dinner out.
4. Get Rid of Cable. People lived without television for centuries and survived just fine.
5. Cancel All Subscriptions and Memberships. If you can't afford the power bill it's time to bid a fond adieu to Netflix, the gym and your favorite magazine.
6. Cut the Bells and Whistles on Your Phone. Consider ditching the landline and fancy cell plan for a toned-down pay-as-you-go option.
7. Eat More Meatless Meals. Putting pancakes, eggs, bean burritos and vegetable soup on the dinner table will save you two-to-four bucks every time you sit down to eat.
8. Quit Using Your Dryer. This energy-sucking beast is expensive to run --invest in an outdoor clothesline or indoor rack.
9. Adjust Your Thermostat. Turning it up or down by two-to-three degrees can shave down that heating and cooling bill. Up that to 10% by turning the temperature down ten-to-fifteen degrees overnight.
10. Plan a Menu and Use Coupons. Spend one hour per-week comparing sales, snipping discounts and figuring out a dinner game plan. (Lee)