Race for the Cure 2014

Sat, 10/18/2014 - 7:00am - 11:00am

Live Local, Give Local at this year's Race for the Cure!

The 2014 Knoxville Race for the Cure is Saturday October 18th at World’s Fair Park.  The 5k starts at 8:30 and the 1 mile starts at 9am. 

You can register online today by clicking here  

The Majority of Komen Knoxville’s budgeted income is generated through Race for the Cure!  Of that income  75% of the net revenue stays here LOCALLY to fund life-saving screening, treatment support, and educational services for the uninsured and underserved women and men in our 16 Counties in East TN.  The remaining 25% funds groundbreaking national and global breast cancer research to find the cures.

Deadlines:  Postmark deadline for packet mailing 10/1
Online deadline for packet mailing 10/1
Online closes: 10/16 night (11:55pm)
Register in person at West Town Mall 10/15-10/17 from 10am to 8pm Wed. and Thur. and 10-5 on Fri.
 Register still Race Morning until 7:45am
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed in their lifetime
About 2200 men will be diagnosed this year in the US and about 400 will die
Breast cancer knows no boundaries – be it age, socio-economic status or geographic locations
The greatest risk factors are being a woman and getting older.